Hey Verve Parents,
It’s the holiday season! I hope you are enjoying this time with friends and family as we continue connecting with your students this month at Surge. Thank you again for forwarding your student’s after school activities, we have really enjoyed spending that time with them. On that note if you have a schedule for their activities please forward them to me so that we may be present to cheer them on. As a reminder we still meet on Sundays from 6pm-7:30pm in the Fellowship Hall. With the safety of your student in mind, we ask that students be picked up in the northwest parking lot nearest the baseball diamond.
Please take note as we are in the holiday season, we’d love for your student to be a part of what we are doing. We are continuing the book of Colossians with your students. Below are the events, lesson passages, and focus topics we’ll be covering this month:
- 12/1 Fig’s Christmas Tree Lane Serve Night (more information below)
- 12/2 Colossians 2:16-23- Walk in Christ
- 12/9 Colossians 3:1-10- On things above
- 12/11 Fig’s Christmas Tree Lane Serve Night (more information below)
- 12/16 Verve Christmas Party - A Surge Community Night (Potluck Style)
- 12/23 No Verve - Winter Break
- 12/30 No Verve - Winter Break
- 1/6 Verve Spring Kickoff - Colossians 3:11-14 Unity
Below are some events that we would like to have on your radar.
- Fresno United Hume Winter Camp: January 11-13 2019 $220
- Cost includes transportation & WSM swag!
- Fresno United is an EPIC opportunity for our students to see how God is using the Body of Christ across our city. They will be challenged to deepen their love for Christ and gain a greater understanding of the gospel.
- Camp Registration & Information click here.
- I Heart Fresno: April 14-17 2019
- I Heart Fresno is a four day serving opportunity where both the North and Fig Garden campuses join together as we serve and love on our city of Fresno.
Save the Date:
- Fig’s Christmas Tree Lane Serve Night - Saturday, Dec. 1 & Tuesday, Dec. 11
- ServiceShift 1 - 4:30-7pm
- Service Shift 2 - 7-9:30pm
- Hume Summer Camp July 21-27 2019
We are currently looking for parents to help us with dinner, security, and childcare. If you are willing to serve in any of these areas once a month please let me know in person or via email.
Hear all about what is going on at Surge by signing up for our text system, our instagram, or downloading our app. We will send a text each week to let you know what we have planned for Surge that week, special events and more. To sign up, you can Text @msfigp to 81010, follow us on instagram @fig_surge or stay connected with our student ministries app. Just go to the app store and search for Well Students Ministries and download our FREE app.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns or encouragements please do not hesitate to reach out to me via text or email.
Serving alongside you,
Fig Student Ministry Pastor
The Well Community Church
c. (559) 930-8969