Become a Leader
The Well Community Church is committed to equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4:12-16). Our desire is to see people move from spectators to participants in the movement of what God is doing in this church, city and world. Leaders are a vital part of our church and necessary in helping people connect to God and each other in every neighborhood. They are people who are being and making disciples in whatever context God has placed them. The Well is raising up an army of leaders who are committed to this cause and want to be trained, equipped and released.
For people who want to exercise their gifts for various roles and opportunities connected to The Well, we ask them to be “leader qualified.” To be leader qualified at The Well means you exhibit the following characteristics:
- A faith in Jesus Christ and a striving to be obedient to God in every area of your life
- A willingness to submit to our Statement of Faith as the standard of sound doctrine expressed within The Well
- A commitment to attend The Well faithfully
- A commitment to giving regularly of your time, talents and treasures
- A commitment to actively invest in spiritually forming relationships
- A willingness to allow The Well to provide care, counsel and discipline to your life and address any conflict that occurs in a restorative biblical manner
The Well Community Church and a leader agree to walk in faithfulness with each other for the glory of God, the good of the person and the unity of the church. Leaders at The Well are known by the staff, have attended our Discovery Class, completed the Leadership Application below (or download the 328K PDF) and signed a Leader Covenant. Anyone who is leader qualified is then eligible to be interviewed by a specific department for particular roles (i.e. Kids Co Leader or Worship Team) or opportunities (i.e. Exposure Trips or Premarital Mentoring).