Academy Semester Topic:
Theological Truths of the Bible
This class will guide you thoughtfully through the primary teachings of the Bible. As a student, you will see why these teachings are important to your daily living and how they affect your daily choices such as how to relate as a husband and wife; how to relate to and raise your children; how to invest your time, money and energy; and how to relate with those you disagree with. Some of these teachings of the Bible will include:
- How are God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit alike and yet different?
- What is the Trinity, and why is this so important?
- How and why is Jesus different from and better than all other religious leaders – ever?
- What is sin, where did it come from, how does it affect us, and what has God done about it?
- If we are created in the image of God, why do we struggle so much, and can that change?
- What are the various spiritual forces at work around us today, and how do they affect us?
- How are Israel (God’s chosen ones) and the church (God’s bride), similar and yet different?
- What is God’s part, and what is my part in my personal life change?
- What has God said about the future, and why?