Weddings last for a day; marriages are designed to last for a lifetime. We believe God has designed marriage (Genesis 2:18-24), and His perfect plan is for a lifelong pursuit of intimacy between a man and woman that God permanently binds together (Matthew 19:5-6). Therefore, it is of vital importance that we instruct and equip people to that end.
Premarital Mentoring is designed to help engaged couples understand how to have a Christ-centered and God-honoring relationship. Couples will be placed with a mentor couple and walk through sessions that will examine God’s Word on a wide range of topics regarding marriage. These mature mentor couples have a heart to see people walk in obedience to God’s blueprint for marriage found in the Scriptures.
- All couples who would like a Well pastor to officiate their wedding must go through Premarital Mentoring. Couples who do not have a Well pastor can also participate in Premarital Mentoring.
- If a couple requests a Well pastor to officiate their wedding, they will meet with the Well pastor and provide background information. The pastor will provide an overview of the Premarital Mentoring process and answer any questions. If a couple requests a pastor from another church, they will meet with the Mentor Couple Director to provide background information. The Mentor Couple Director will provide an overview of the Premarital Mentoring process and answer any questions. The Mentor Couple Director will contact the officiating pastor and provide him a description of the premarital process and the relationship between the pastor and the mentor couple.
- The couple agrees to the Premarital Mentoring process and is willing to be matched with a mentor couple. The Director of Mentoring will match couples according to profile and availability.
- The preferred length of time for the pre-wedding sessions is 3-6 months, and 4-6 months for the post-wedding sessions. Anything less than that will require conversations and additional meetings between the director, pastor and couple.
- To ensure healthy care and counsel for the couple, the mentoring couple and pastor will communicate with each other during the premarital mentoring process. All communication is intended for the well-being of the couple and their commitment to marriage.
If you are having a Well pastor perform the wedding, there is a flat rate of $250.00 that covers the Premarital Mentoring, all required books and materials, pastoral consultations and The Well pastor performing the wedding ceremony. Payment will include $50.00 before the Premarital Mentoring begins. The remaining $200.00 is due after you meet with The Well pastor the first time and he has agreed to officiate the wedding.
If you are having a non-Well pastor perform the wedding, there is a flat rate of $50.00 that covers the Premarital Mentoring and all required books and materials.
To begin this process or ask questions, contact Ben Weaver, email@example.com.
Revised November 9, 2015