Well Student Ministries presents ... I Heart Fresno 2020. Students will experience God's heartbeat in the city of Fresno by partnering with existing ministries throughout the city to be the hands and feet of Jesus. We will serve children living in close proximity to these ministry sites by organizing and presenting a short morning VBS program and spend the afternoon working along side these local leaders to improve the environment. As a local Exposure Trip, I Heart Fresno is not meant to be an end in itself, but meant to move students to action. Whether this leads to future international Exposure Trips or an everyday adjustment of lifestyles and values, we believe they will never be the same.
The Fig Garden Campus will serve as basecamp for the duration of the trip. Expect live worship, amazing speakers, games, and fun throughout the evenings! All transportation and meals will be provided.
- When: April 5-8, 2020
- Check-in: Sunday, April 5 at 6pm, dinner will not be provided this night.
- Pick-up: Wednesday, April 8th at 7:30pm
- Where: The Well Fig Garden Campus, 4545 N Palm Ave., Fresno CA
- Who: This exposure trip is open to all middle school and high school students.
- Cost: $75
- A $25 deposit is required at the time of registration with the balance due by March 30th.
- Ministries served at I Heart Fresno: FIRM, Live Again Fresno, CCHCC, Martin Park, 701 United
In the past, I Heart Fresno has been an event but not necessarily an exposure trip in the way that The Well does exposure trips. This year we have reevaluated the whole process and believe that it would be most beneficial to students, their experience, and their faith, to make I Heart Fresno a true “mini” exposure trip. Every exposure trip that The Well does has training beforehand to prepare the participants. We believe that we are not doing justice to the people that students are serving or the student’s ability to serve, without properly training them. For this reason, we will be closing registration early Monday, March 23rdat 5pm so that the following Saturday, we can do a mandatory training on Saturday, March 28thfrom 10-12pm for our leaders and students so they are fully prepared for everything that God has for them during their I Heart Fresno experience.
Registration: opens monday, February 17th. limited spots available
We would love for parents to be involved throughout the week in multiple ways. Either hospitality team helping prepare dinners, being present at the work sites, or even staying overnight! If you would like to help with that, please click here to tell us your availability.
- Join the I Heart Fresno Security Team , partnering with The Well ERT team to secure the Fig Garden campus during I Heart Fresno. Individuals welcome! Click Here to Sign up!
What to bring:
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Notebook and pen
- Clean clothes that can get dirty
- Water bottle
- Work gloves
- Spending Money
- Tennis shoes
Do Not Bring:
- Drugs, alcohol, etc.
- Knives, or weapons of any kind
- Electronic devices: ie: X-box, Playstation, etc.