We wanted to offer a supplemental list of resources for this week's sermon. Brad's sermon this week deals with sexual immorality and the destruction it causes. Typically sexual sin starts small and grows into something bigger and bigger as time moves on. It can get out of control quickly and we become people who are mastered by it. The good news is, as Christians, we have freedom from the mastery of sexual immorality of our life when our hope and faith is in Christ.
Here are some recommended resources for you to consider. Take the next step to repent of your sexual sin and invite someone into your life to walk through recovery with you.
- The Pornography Trap by Dr. Mark Laaser
- The Sexual Man by Dr. Archibald Hart
- Healing the Wounds of Sexual Addiction by Dr. Mark Laaser
- Out of the Shadows by Patrick Carnes
- When Good Men are Tempted by Bill Perkins
- L.I.F.E. Guide for Men by Dr. Mark Laaser
- Freed by Jesus from the Idols We Worship and the Wounds We Carry by Mike Wilkerson
- Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller
- No Stones: Women Redeemed from Sexual Addiction by Marnie Ferree
There are two Sexual Purity Groups for men. One meets in the evening on Mondays and the other on Tuesdays. Both meet at our Fig Garden Campus. Click on "Get Connected" for more information.
If you need to talk to someone from our pastoral care staff, please call 559.326.5100.