Hey Verve Parents,
I am sorry for the delay with this month’s email, we needed to hash out some details before sending this out! As a reminder we still meet on Sundays from 6pm-7:30pm in the Fellowship Hall. Also as a heads up parents, starting our Summer kick off, your WSM team after months of discussion we have decided to move Verve (Our High School Ministry) to Wednesdays adding also and additional half hour to our gathering, more details to how this is all going to rollout coming soon. Reminder that with the safety of your students in mind, we ask that students be picked up in the northwest parking lot nearest the baseball diamond.
Your Verve students are having a great time. We love seeing their excitement for God’s word and every event that is coming up. This is only increasing their desire to meet, invite friends and encourage one another. In our approach to keep the encouragement between the students and their leaders going, just as a reminder that we created a Verve Slack account which helps add a level of transparency to their communication, so please encourage your student to request to be added by their small group leaders. Slack is a communication platform that does not require a phone number but instead uses an email. It is accessible via a downloadable app and the Slack web Page.
We are wrapping up our series titled “Master, Mission & Mate.“ Which during this topical series we have covered the questions of Who is God? What is my purpose and design? Now in the part of covering; What does the bible say about dating? If you have any questions as to our approach for a specific topic, please do not hesitate to email Alfonso. Below are the events, lesson passages, and focus topics we’ll be covering this month:
- 5/12 No Verve Midweek - Mother’s Day
- 5/19 Verve Midweek - Mate: A Woman that is in Awe of God - Proverbs 31
- 5/26 Thrift Store Formal
- 6/2 No Verve Midweek - Summer Break
- 6/9 No Verve Midweek - Summer Break
- 6/17-21 Serving at Summer Palooza
Below are some events that we would like to have on your radar;
- Verve Thrift Store Formal: Sunday, May 26, 6pm-8pm | 90’s Thrifty Formal Wear | Potluck Style
- WSM Summer Kickoff: Wednesday, June 26, 6pm-8pm | Family Night
- Welcome to Verve Pool Party: Saturday, June 29, 5pm-8pm | Campus Life Center
- Hume Summer Camp: July 21-27 2019 | All spots are now full
- Verve Fall Kickoff: Wednesday, August 28 6pm-8pm
- Verve Fall Retreat: Friday to Saturday, September 27-28
We are currently looking for parents with;
- Dinner for leaders and students
- Emergency Response Team (ERT) on Wednesday Nights
If you would like more information about serving in any of these areas on a once a month basis please let me know in person or via email.
Stay Connected: To hear all about what is going on at Verve you can sign up for our text system, our instagram, or visit our webpage. We send a text each week to let you know what we have planned for Verve that week, special events and more. To sign up, you can Text @hsfigp to 81010. To follow us on instagram search for @fig_verve, and/or visit our Webpage at thewellcommunity.org/students/high-school.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns or encouragements please do not hesitate to reach out to me via text or email.
Serving alongside you,
Fig’s Student Ministry Pastor
The Well Community Church
p. (559) 326-5100