Hey WSM Parents!
We hope you're staying cool and surviving this week's crazy temps! There are a few changes and some new information that we need you and your students to be aware of. It's a bit lengthy, but we want to make sure you have all the information to make this year the best one yet!
- Our pool party Postponed to Friday, September 4th from 5-8 pm at the Hreische residence at 6220 N. Forkner Ave, Fresno CA 93711. The Hreische's have a large backyard with the ability to socially distance. Wear appropriate swim gear and get ready to meet your leaders! They're so excited to see you and dinner will be served!
- Have you heard?! Mrs. Sharon is leading a Sunday Zoom Bible Study for all Middle School students. She'll be online and ready to study God's Word each Sunday from 2:30-3:30 pm. Get your handout here and join us on Zoom here! Meeting ID: 818 3098 1261 and Passcode: WMS6-8
- Fall Kickoff hybrid style will start Wednesday, August 26th from 6-8 pm. We'll be meeting each week in person and over Zoom. At this time, dinner will not be served so be sure to eat before you come. To join us via Zoom, use this link. Meeting ID: 816 6095 2314 and Passcode: FigWSM
Our Elders have approved the following guidelines for gatherings:
- We will gather for our large group time outside, on the lawn, where we can socially distance as we worship. Students on Zoom will also be a part of the experience. So if you like bring a lawn chair.
- Due to wifi restrictions, students will then move into small groups, in separate rooms across campus to continue the hybrid experience.
- Students will be asked to wear masks as they travel to their small group space. Once inside, students will be seated in a socially distant manner where the life group leader will then assess the room. If one student prefers to wear a mask, leaders will request all students remained masked.
Lastly, we're sure you're all Zoom experts by now, but here are some tips to make sure your student has the best Zoom experience possible:
- A quiet place to connect with a strong internet connection if possible.
- If you have multiple teens, it's best if each has their own device.
- Access to a laptop or mobile device with FaceTime like features.
- Front-facing camera and headphones with a mic to help in small group discussions.
- Proper names preferred: Name, grade, gender.
That's enough for now! If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to myself or your child's leader. We look forward to seeing everyone!
To know what is going on in WHS, sign up for our text system, follow us on Instagram, or visit our webpage.
Text @msfigp to 81010 to sign up for reminder texts. A text goes out each week to keep you in the know of all youth group plans, special events, and more.
To follow us on Instagram search for @wellchurchfigms, and/or visit our Webpage.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or encouragements please do not hesitate to reach out to me via text or email.
Serving alongside you,
Alfonso Moreno Jr
Fig’s Student Ministry Pastor
The Well Community Church
p. (559) 326-5100