This post was imported from our previous website, which many have broken some of the content. We apologize in advance for any strange formatting or broken links you may find.
These are some questions every couple should ask each other and discuss before getting married. Be sure to listen carefully and thoughtfully to the other person’s answers. Knowing these things about each other ahead of time could save a lot of heartache later.
- Why do you want to get married?
- Why not just live together?
- Of all the people in the world, why do you want to marry me?
- What would it take for you to throw in the towel after we are married?
- What are the strengths you see in me?
- What are the challenges you see that I still need to grow through?
- What do you think our biggest wins will be as a married couple?
- What do you think our biggest challenges will be as a couple?
- What are the top 5 most important things in life to you?
- If you could change anything about your life, what would it be?
- What was your relationship with your father, and how did that impact you?
- What was your relationship with your mother, and how did that impact you?
- What was life like in your family between you and your siblings (if you have any)?
- What do you assume it will be like on Christmas? Birthdays? Thanksgiving? Other holidays?
- Where are you at spiritually? (See your spiritual growth self-assessment.)
- What are the similarities and differences in our spiritual beliefs?
- What place do you believe “faith” should play in our relationship/family?
- What communicates love to you?
- What makes you feel disrespected?
- What about children? How many should we have? When?
- What is your dream day and/or night like?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What is any unfinished business from the past that you need to take care of?
- Are there any issues in our relationship right now that we need to deal with?
- When was the last time you laughed uncontrollably? What was it about?
Originally published on drricktaylor.com.