We are in the final stretch of summer and heading toward the fall season! We will take a short pause from programed Zoom gatherings on Wednesday nights and instead shift our focus to providing opportunities for your teens to connect to their peers in person as well as holding weekly Zoom devotionals.
LIFE GROUP CONNECTION
Even though we have taken a break from providing a programed Zoom gatherings on Wednesdays, we have encouraged our Life Group Leaders to connect with their group 2-3 times in the next 6 weeks. With that, we also want to encourage you to connect with your teen's life group leader and see what the summer plans are. If you don’t know or have their contact information please reach out and we'll get that information out to you.
PARK DAYS AT FIG
Starting July 15, we will meet each Wednesday from 6:30pm to 8pm during this time period at the The Well Fig Campus park (4545 N Palm Ave.). This is an unstructured time with a focus on providing opportunities for students to connect with their peers outside of their life group. Expect volleyball games, coordinated water war parties, and more! Food will not be provided during these gatherings.
- Wednesdays, July 15 - August 12th
Here is what you need to know before you come:
To care well for all participants, we have adopted the following guidelines for all gatherings in California.
- All students are asked to perform a Self Screening:
- Do you have, or have you been recently exposed to someone in quarantine for exposure to, or being tested for, or diagnosed with COVID 19, or with any of the following symptoms:
- Fever, cough, fatigue, shortness of breath, headaches, runny nose, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, eye drainage, chills or congestion.
- If you answered yes to any of the above, please stay home and rest, we look forward to you joining us soon.
- Masks will be required.
Our mission to help our teens connect to God and each other in every neighborhood with the Gospel has not changed. To do this we will meet online every Wednesday and Friday at 12:30 pm, starting July 17th. Students will join me (Pastor Alfonso) as we unpack and discuss the 3 letters of John.(1John-3 John). To connect you may follow the same directions and links that we used during our Zoom Youth Group Gatherings.
- July 17th - August 19th
- Every Wednesday and Friday
Zoom tips to make your teens experience great:
- A quiet place to connect with a strong internet connection, if possible.
- If you have multiple teens, it's best if each had their own space.
- Access to a Laptop or Mobile device with FaceTime like features.
- Front facing camera & headphones with a mic to help teens enter their small group discussions.
Encourage them to use proper user name
- Zoom Link
- This help us Identify quickly which life group they belong to
Upgrade Sunday is August 16th! Incoming 6th grade students will be welcomed on Sunday, August 23rd with a pool party celebration! More information will be available soon for that event. The very next week is Fall Kick off, we will resume our normal youth group programing.
To know what is going on in WHS, sign up for our text system, follow us on Instagram, or visit our webpage.
Text @msfigp to 81010 to sign up for reminder texts. A text goes out each week to keep you in the know of all youth group plans, special events, and more.
To follow us on Instagram search for @wellchurchfigms, and/or visit our Webpage.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or encouragements please do not hesitate to reach out to me via text or email.
Serving alongside you,
Alfonso Moreno Jr
Fig’s Student Ministry Pastor
The Well Community Church
p. (559) 326-5100